The top 20 best cities to live if you are a gamer
|Richard Harris in Game Development Wednesday, June 21, 2017|
2017's Best Cities for Gamers report released by WalletHub gives us top 20 best gaming cities in America.
With the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017 drawing large crowds to Los Angeles until June 15 and U.S. gaming revenues expected to exceed $25 billion this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub has released its report on 2017’s Best Cities for Gamers.
To determine the best places to be a serious gamer, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the 100 largest cities across 20 key indicators of gamer-friendliness. The data ranges from average internet speed to video-game stores per capita to number of esports tournaments.
Top 20 Cities for Gamers
|1.) Orlando, FL||11.) San Francisco, CA|
|2.) Seattle, WA||12.) San Jose, CA|
|3.) Austin, TX||13.) Fremont, CA|
|4.) New York, NY||14.) Pittsburgh, PA|
|5.) Atlanta, GA||15.) Columbus, OH|
|6.) Los Angeles, CA||16.) Raleigh, NC|
|7.) Las Vegas, NV||17.) Anaheim, CA|
|8.) Irvine, CA||18.) Virginia Beach, VA|
|9.) Boston, MA||19.) Madison, WI|
|10.) San Diego, CA||20.) Portland, OR|
Best vs. Worst
- Las Vegas has the most video-game stores per square root of the population, 0.0283, which is 23.6 times more than in Memphis, Tenn., the city with the fewest at 0.0012.
- Pittsburgh has the highest average download speed, 14.62 Mbps, which is 3.1 times higher than in Honolulu, the city with the lowest at 4.70 Mbps.
- Gilbert, Ariz., has the highest share of households with a broadband connection, 94 percent, which is 1.9 times higher than in Detroit, the city with the lowest at 50 percent.
- Durham, N.C., has the cheapest monthly internet cost, $40, which is 2.5 times cheaper than in Anchorage, Alaska, the city with the most expensive at $101.36.
Read more: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-for-gamers/3...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more