The 10 most indemand job tech skills in 2019 so far
|Richard Harris in Developer Jobs Wednesday, March 6, 2019|
Indeed released a list of the top ten most in-demand job skills right now for anyone in tech. Developer jobs are in abundance, but if you know these skills you'll be even more marketable to an employer.
Indeed (job search website), analyzed job postings from the last three months to find out which tech skills are in most demand by employers right now.
Methodology: Indeed analyzed data on its job site to identify the most common tech skills by calculating the percentage of job postings that contain the skills over the last three months in the US.
The list is ranked in order by skill and the percentage of job postings which include that skill.
The most in-demand job "tech" skills in 2019 so far are:
- Java - 9.6%
- SQL - 9.5%
- Python - 6.6%
- Linux - 6.5%
- HTML - 5.9%
- .NET - 5.6%
- Amazon Web Service - 5.1%
- CSS - 4.9%
- Microsoft SQL Server - 4.7%
These are on par with what HackerRank posted in January in their 2019 Developer Skills Report, where they surveyed over 70,000 developers to identify a list of relevant skills developers need in today's software industry.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more