Technology Executives Visit Congress to Discuss App Governance Issues
|Richard Harris in Mobile Guidelines Tuesday, March 24, 2015|
Fifty software executives from around the USA have traveled to Washington, DC to meet with policymakers and regulators about the top tech innovation priorities as part of ACT | The App Association’s 2015 Fly-In on March 22-24.
The attending app publishers and mobile entrepreneurs have scheduled over 100 meetings with elected officials in Congress, the White House, and regulatory agencies to raise concerns about data privacy and security, internet governance, patent reform, and regulatory obstacles to growth.
ACT | The App Association represents more than 5,000 small and mid-size software companies in the mobile app economy. The organization advocates for an environment that inspires and rewards innovation while providing resources to help its members leverage their intellectual assets to raise capital, create jobs, and continue innovating. The App Association sponsors include Apple, AT&T, BlackBerry, eBay, Facebook, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, PayPal, VeriSign, Flurry, and Verizon.
Read more: http://actonline.org/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more