Study: What Americans Hate Most on Their Mobile Device
|Richard Harris in Monetize Wednesday, September 21, 2016|
There is new research into one of the most hated new annoyances of the Internet and mobile and its not Donald Trump or the Kardashians.
You know those huge ads that take over the entire screen of your computer or mobile devices?
These third party resources are the lifeline for media struggling to stay in the black. A typical web request today can request up to 60 percent of its resources from third-party domains.
And in new findings, Americans are saying that threes a crowd, and they want them gone.
In a Harris survey of more than 2,000 Americans commissioned by performance analytics company SOASTA (SOH-stah), 85 percent of them said third-party features on websites or apps are annoying. And nearly half (42 percent) said third-party features cause problems that often make them leave a web or mobile site/app.
Americans find third-party advertising so irksome that more than 1 in 3 of them (34 percent) said they would be willing to go to the dentists office if it meant they would no longer have to see it on the web or mobile sites or apps they use.
In fact, 75 percent of Americans said they would rather endure unpleasant activities than see third-party advertising:
- 28 percent said they would rather watch a video about Donald Trump
- 27 percent said they would rather watch a video about Hillary Clinton
- 22 percent said they would rather dress up as Santa Claus at a childrens party
- 17 percent said they would rather hang out with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian
This comes as SOASTA unveils new tools for online companies to make these third party applications work better and less annoyingly.
Check out the full details of the survey and how SOASTA is aiming to help the problem.
Read more: http://www.soasta.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more