Sony Announces New PS4 Game Developer Tools from Unity and YoYo Games
|Richard Harris in Programming Thursday, March 20, 2014|
Sony is bringing three new platforms to the Playstation family: GameMaker:Studio from YoYo Games, MonoGame and Unity.
Jointly developed by Sony (SCE) and YoYo Games, a GameMaker:Studio native solution for PS4 is now available free for all SCE-licensed developers, making it easier for developers to bring 2D games to PS4 systems. MonoGame makes up the C#-based open sourced engine suite available for licensed developers.
Fully integrated solutions for Unity are now available PS3 and Vita and an a version for PS4 will be released in April. SCE also announced the release of its game development tool, Authoring Tools Framework (ATF), as a free, open source download from GitHub.
Read more: http://www.sony.com/SCA/company-news/press-release...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more