So Far The Big News From GDC, Corona and Unreal Engine 4 Are Now Free To Use!
|Richard Harris in Game Development Monday, March 2, 2015|
Only an hour into the day at GDC and some big news already hit, Corona and Unreal 4 gaming engines are now free for all! Yes - even the pro editions!
For Corona, there are no longer Starter, Basic and Pro tiers. Instead, all users of Corona SDK get everything the Pro tier included (and there are no more tiers, just "Corona SDK"). It is worth noting that Corona Enterprise, CoronaCards iOS, and CoronaCards Android will continue to be paid products.
Corona Blog Post: http://coronalabs.com/blog/2015/03/02/corona-sdk-is-now-free/
Unreal 4 Engine, everything from game development, education, architecture, and visualization to VR, film and animation. When shipping a game or application, developers pay a 5% royalty on gross revenue after the first $3,000 per product, per quarter. Epic succeeds only when creators succeed.
Read the full blog post here:
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more