|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Wednesday, October 29, 2014|
Sencha has released Sencha Space 1.2, an application management platform to deploy, audit, and secure cross-platform HTML5 applications on supported desktop, tablet, and smartphones.
Sencha Space provides the ability to deliver business applications to desktops, tablets, and smartphones in a secure web application environment that encrypts and segregates proprietary apps and data on the device. It helps reduce the cost and complexity of multi-device enterprise application development, maintenance, and deployment by eliminating the need for multiple code bases, native packaging, consumer app store deployment, and the use of sensitive apps in insecure consumer browsers.
Developers can create and debug cross-platform using the Sencha Space APIs and Remote Debugging capabilities. The platform offers centralized management of users, groups, applications, devices, and policies for access control and security and can help simplify audit and regulatory compliance with usage data analytics and reporting.
New features in this release include:
- Desktop Client Application - Use a single integrated platform to deploy applications to users on desktop, tablets, and smartphones.
- On-Premise Administration - Deploy the management capabilities of Space in a data center or private cloud instance.
- Custom Runtime for Android - Reduce the burden of the extreme Android platform fragmentation with a consistent, high performance, Chromium-based runtime across all Android 4.x devices.
- Remote Debugging Support — Simplify application development and testing with remote debugging for Android and iOS.
- New Additions to the Space SDK - Use Space APIs to do more than ever with the platform.
More information is available on the Sencha website.
Read more: http://www.sencha.com/blog/announcing-sencha-space...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more