Samsung GALAXY Gear Announced, No SDK Info for Indie App Developers Yet
|Stuart Parkerson in Mobile Tech Thursday, September 5, 2013|
Several outlets are reporting that Samsung already has 70 apps for the new device and so you might be wondering how to get in on the action. We did a quick check of the Samsung developer site and didn’t find any mention of the new device nor the availability of an SDK.
We did find a forum post from “Thomas” who asked “The Galaxy Gear was announced today at IFA and looks like a great product. The support for applications ported to the watch is a key feature to me. Sadly there was no date or any further information, on when we could get our hands on the SDK.” There was no response to the post, although there are probably plenty of app developers who feel the same way as can be seen from the number of views of the post.
We’re checking in with the Samsung dev team to see when more information will be available. GALAXY Gear seems to have a lot of potential, from its capacity to communicate and enhance features of companion Samsung mobile devices, to its independent abilities including video, voice recording and image taking.
We’ll keep providing updates as more developer centric information is available.
Read more: http://www.samsung.com/us/news/21647
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more