Report: The Impact of Getting Featured In An App Store
Thursday, April 24, 2014
What is the true impact of being featured in the major app stores? That is exactly what Distimo has studied on and now offering a full report to developers. How to get featured has always been a mystery. In the end it appears it's just a bit of random luck and having something that stands out to a selector scanning through the app stores.
The Distimo report takes a deeper look into the types of feature categories in the major app stores and the impact they have.
Some of the questions the report answers include:
- What kind of feature categories exist?
- Which kind of apps get featured?
- To what extent is being featured beneficial in terms of downloads and potentially even more significant in terms of revenue?
The report covers data from categories and individual apps, mainly in the Apple App Store. All data reported in this publication is extracted directly from Distimo’s AppIQ market intelligence platform.
For example, the report examines how, out of all new feature categories in March, ‘Backyard Battles’ in the U.S. is interesting because download volumes of apps listed in this category were already relatively high and due to the featured period where average downloads went up by over 300 percent.
The report also a show that the effect on revenue of being featured is somewhat smaller when compared to the effect on downloads.
In addition to a number of graph and illustrations, the full publication covers many download and revenue trend lines for individual apps that benefit from being featured including: Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP by Capybara Games Inc., Smash Bandits Racing by Hutch Games Ltd. Nick by Nickelodeon and many more.
Read more: http://www.distimo.com/publications
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more