Red Hat Has Released OpenShift Enterprise 2.1 PaaS Solution
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Monday, May 19, 2014|
Red Hat has released OpenShift Enterprise 2.1, the next generation of its Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering.
With OpenShift Enterprise 2.1, Red Hat is introducing consolidated log and metrics management, offering new versions of application programming languages, increasing application availability with a new concept of zones and regions, exposing a new plugin interface that will allow operations to better integrate existing policy orchestration into the PaaS platform, and releasing new intelligence into the platform around the automatic remedy of common application service issues.
OpenShift Enterprise 2.1 new features include:
- Updated MySQL 5.5, Python 3.3, PHP 5.4, and MongoDB 2.4 cartridges with OpenShift Enterprise entitlement that allows OpenShift to offer security and bug fixes including technical support for both the platform and the content it provides.
- New gathering and consolidation methods for platform and application logs. Plus a new way to gather and store key performance attributes from the operating system and application services.
- Ability for applications provided by OpenShift to span infrastructure across zones within regions, increasing the resiliency of the services provided by OpenShift
- Plugin interface that allows OpenShift to integrate with complex decision automation policies a datacenter might need to follow due to regulatory, ITIL, or change management facilities.
- Introduction of teams as an interface for LDAP group integration with OpenShift user management features.
- The release of the watchman daemon that aids in the automation of common remedies to help administrators scale to the PaaS platform.
OpenShift Enterprise is built on a stack of open-source Red Hat technologies, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, and OpenShift Origin (the upstream code that powers both OpenShift Enterprise and OpenShift Online).
OpenShift Enteprise 2.1 is currently available for download for customers in North America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and select Asia and Latin America regions, including Australia, ASEAN, Japan, Argentina and Brazil.
Read more: http://www.redhat.com/about/news/press-archive/201...