Qualcomm Releases New Snapdragon Wear 1100 Processor for Smart Wearables
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Qualcomm has released a new Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 1100 processor for the targeted-purpose wearables segments such as connected kid and elderly watches, fitness trackers, smart headsets, and wearable accessories. The Snapdragon Wear 1100 processor joins the Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor, which is designed for multi-purpose wearables.
Snapdragon Wear 1100 provides the ability to offer smart wearables of a smaller size, longer battery life, smarter sensing, secure location, and an always connected experience. The processor offers low power features such as Power Save Mode (PSM), compact packages, and next gen Cat 1 LTE CAT 1 modem that supports data transfers speeds up to 10Mbps, and works with most networks including LTE FDD, LTE TDD, TD-SCDMA and GSM.
The Snapdragon Wear 1100 also features an integrated applications processor for Linux-based applications and scales to support voice, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. Integrated in the chipset are the hardware cryptographic engine, HW random number generator, and TrustZone, which supports a secure environment.
Additionally, the Snapdragon Wear 1100 incorporates the Qualcomm iZat integrated location engine to offer enhanced accuracy and power optimization through features as multi-GNSS, cell-ID positioning, and ability to support applications that utilize geo-fencing for monitoring. This includes the latest location technology allowing it to sync with all four satellite constellations (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo).
- CPU: Integrated Applications Processor with ARM Cortex A7 at 1.2 GHz with 256KB L2 cache
- Memory: Support for discreet or MCP NAND and LPDDR2
- Display: Support for simple UI and displays
- Cost-Optimized: Integrated features designed to reduce Bill-of-Materials (BOM) and NRE for customers including an ARM Cortex A7 eliminating the need for MCUs, GNSS for location services, and scalable software reuse across chipset platform
- Power Management: Ultra-low Rock Bottom Sleep Current (RBSC) for extended standby; Power Save Mode (PSM)
- Modem: Integrated 4G CAT 1 LTE Global Mode modem, supporting LTE FDD, LTE TDD, TD-SCDMA and GSM; Up to 10 Mbps downlink and 5Mbps uplink with LTE multi-mode and LTE single mode capability with dual and single Rx support; Integrated voice support for Circuit: Switch Fall Back (CSFB) and VoLTE; Core modem with proven and trusted technology already deployed across hundreds of millions of devices worldwide
- Location: IZat Gen 8C location technology; GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou constellations supported; Pinpoint location, even in challenging urban environments
- Scalable: Broad software re-use to reduce design complexity, BOM, and NRE; Scalability to add voice, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth capabilities
Connectivity: Pre-integrated support to add VIVE Wi-Fi (1x1, 802.11ac) featuring Qualcomm MU|EFX MU-MIMO technology and Bluetooth 4.1/Bluetooth Low Energy
- Charging: Companion charging chipset
- Security: Hardware based security with Secure Boot/storage/debug, hardware crypto engine, hardware random number generator, and Trustzone
Read more: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/proce...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more