Prevoty offers new Autonomous Application Protection capabilities
Friday, March 1, 2019
Imperva expands application security capabilities that extend customers visibility into how applications behave and how users interact with sensitive information.
Imperva announced the expansion of its application security offerings with two new Autonomous Application Protection capabilities.
The update extends customers’ visibility into how applications behave and how users interact with sensitive information. With this expanded view across their business assets, customers will have deeper insights to understand and mitigate security risk at the edge, application, and database.
The two updates include:
- Network Activity Protection delivers betters visibility and protection for outbound HTTP requests by using its proximity (security that sits within the application) to control what’s happening to an application in runtime. Network Activity Protection provides customers with the ability to monitor and prevent unauthorized outbound network communications originating from within their applications, APIs and microservices. Customers now have a clear view into the various endpoints their applications are comprised of and communicating with, and can protect the application from executing malicious HTTP requests.
- Weak Cryptography Protection offers the ability to monitor and protect against the use of specific weak hashing algorithms (including SHA-1, MD5) and cryptographic ciphers (including AES, 3DES/DES, RC4). Applications that leverage Imperva’s RASP capabilities can now monitor cryptographic practices and have the ability to stop their execution if the algorithm or cipher is determined to be weak. With Imperva’s RASP capabilities, organizations now have the assurance that they are protected against exploits due to weak cryptography, which buys time for development teams to remediate the issue.
Read more: https://www.prevoty.com/products
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more