Pebble Reaches 275K in Preorders, Best Buy Sold Out, Developers Look for SDK Improvements
|Stuart Parkerson in Mobile Tech Tuesday, July 16, 2013|
As Pebble rolls out its smartwatch inventory, supplies have been scarce as demand has exceeded the company's ability to supply the phone. The phones sold at Best Buy are already gone, and of the 275,000 people that preordered watches directly from the company, the company reports that 93,000 have been shipped.
As the watch's distribution continues to grow, the company is reaching out to the development community to increase the number of available apps for users, acknowledging on a recent blog posting that, "We recognize that our beta SDK is incomplete, so we're working quickly to expose more features and APIs to 3rd party developers, making it easier for watch apps to communicate, and building better development tools. Enabling and incentivizing developers to share their watchapps with the entire Pebble community is also a priority."
Read more: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebb...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more