PCE Supercluster now offered by Illumio
|Christian Hargrave in Security Tuesday, January 8, 2019|
Cybersecurity is an industry that reinvents itself on a daily basis. Illumio brings to the table a contrast to traditional security measures like VLANs and data center firewalls, and instead uses micro-segmentation to manage greater workloads over both data centers and cloud environments.
Illumio, a cybersecurity company delivering micro-segmentation, announced full availability of PCE Supercluster designed for enterprise-scale real-time application dependency mapping and micro-segmentation deployments. PCE Supercluster, which is currently in use by some of the largest organizations in the world, makes Illumio the first company to offer a micro-segmentation and visibility solution that scales well beyond 100,000 workloads.
Today’s applications require organizations to utilize both data center and cloud environments for their most critical assets and data. PCE Supercluster enables IT to micro-segment without re-architecting the network or putting the onus on organizations to stitch together solutions that do not scale.
Global enterprises have thousands to hundreds of thousands of workloads sprawled across a combination of private and public clouds with bare-metal, virtual machines, and containers. The traditional approach to segmenting global data centers uses any combination of VLANs, data center firewalls, SDN, and other networking technologies that are complex to deploy, operate, and manage. Keeping track of VLANs, IP addresses, subnets, and managing policies and firewall rules requires a virtually endless treadmill of infrastructure re-architecting to keep pace with application security needs.
In contrast, PCE Supercluster enables micro-segmentation without any dependency on the network to deliver:
- Global real-time application dependency mapping and visibility across all data center and cloud workloads.
- Micro-segmentation security policies that follow the workloads everywhere at a global scale.
- A federated security control plane that scales to hundreds of thousands of workloads.
- Automated disaster recovery for global security policies.
- Alignment of Zero Trust security practices with fault isolation, high availability, and disaster recovery objectives
"Security solutions that cannot scale with an organization’s infrastructure put the burden on customers to make sacrifices that can result in security gaps. When we read different breach reports, these misconfigurations can be the point of entry for bad actors," said Matthew Glenn, VP of product management, Illumio. "The beauty of PCE Supercluster is that for the first time IT organizations have full global visibility, centralized management, and consistent enforcement of micro-segmentation policies across multi-region infrastructure at very large scale – finally, true global application workload protection through micro-segmentation."
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more