Oracle releases their API Platform Cloud Service
|Richard Harris in API Monday, May 15, 2017|
Oracle Cloud Platform receives new API Platform Cloud Service for API management.
“Data is the new corporate currency and APIs are critical to business modernization and agility, enabling users to easily connect and share key information across applications and devices - mobile, IoT, in the cloud or on-premises,” said Amit Zavery, senior vice president, Oracle Cloud Platform. “The Oracle API Platform Cloud enables developers to capitalize on new opportunities by enabling users to simply and securely manage the entire lifecycle of their APIs.”
Part of their Cloud Platform, Oracle API Platform Cloud Service is designed to eliminate the complexities associated with transforming on-premises API solutions into the cloud, so companies can thrive in the digital economy. Users can grant external developers and partners access to data locked behind firewalls, inside applications, and within data stores, enabling them to power a larger community to innovate and develop new monetization strategies. It also empowers developers to manage different interfaces for a variety of audiences using advanced, but easy-to-use, API management capabilities.
- Design: Collaborate company and customer requirements via API Descriptions and Build API semantic guides for governance and control.
- Build: Create APIs on top of existing services to enable access to data formerly locked inside legacy apps and data stores.
- Secure: Assign industry-standard security and threat protection to APIs with no coding, including OAuth 2.0, IP filtering, and rate limiting.
- Hybrid Deployment: Choose to deploy the gateway on-premises, in Oracle Cloud or through third-party clouds with the ease of a single-click. Create API policy once, deploy everywhere - a rich lifecycle management tool.
- Publish: Browse a comprehensive list of proven APIs from Oracle, the community, and your own organization.
- Consume: Register third-party apps easily to allow them the same seamless API utilization as pre-loaded their SaaS APIs.
- Monitor: View operational API metrics on a single dashboard to take action quickly.
When used in combination with their larger cloud portfolio, Oracle API Platform Cloud can deliver API management as part of a comprehensive and unified PaaS solution to simplify the use of API-related tools including identity management, process management, content management, integration and applications development.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.