New Survey Provides Insights Into Most Popular Languages for Translating Apps
|Stuart Parkerson in Marketing & Promotion Thursday, June 9, 2016|
One Hour Translation has released the results of a new survey which provides insights into the most popular languages that English-language apps are translated into by app publishers in the United States and United Kingdom.
The data was collected in first quarter of 2016 and shows that 28% of all mobile applications written in English by U.S. developers are intended for localization in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. In the United Kingdom, that rate is rises to 55%.
The survey examined 2,500 Android apps on Google Play and iOS apps on Apple’s App Store developed in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Other insights from the study include:
- Approximately 15% of all mobile apps in English were intended for localization into Spanish (10% for Spain Spanish and 5% for Latin American Spanish,) and 6% to Portuguese (5% to Brazilian Portuguese and 1% to Portugal Portuguese);
- In Great Britain, approximately 39% of English-language mobile apps were intended for localization in Spanish (37% to Spain and 2% to Latin America) and 9% to Portuguese (8% to Brazil and 1% to Portugal).
- 7% of mobile apps developed in the U.S. and UK in English were offered with Italian localization.
- Other popular translated languages among U.S. developers are Japanese (9%), Mandarin Chinese (8%) and French (6% for France French and 1% to Canadian French).
“Mobile app developers are thinking of ways to reach their target audience beyond the markets they usually work in, and they know that the way to do this is by localizing their apps,” says Yaron Kaufman, Co-founder and VP Sales and Marketing of One Hour Translation. “In order to help app developers penetrate new markets, One Hour Translation offers a wide range of translation solutions for mobile apps across all platforms.”
Read more: https://www.onehourtranslation.com/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more