New Report Shows Enterprises Are Concerned With Mobile App Security
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Good Technology has released its Q1 2014 Good Mobility Index Report which, among its findings, has identified a trend in the significant increase in activations of complex secure enterprise apps, most notably secure browsing.
The report surveys more than 5,000 Good Technology customers including the following sectors: Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities, Legal, Government, and High Tech. The metrics cited in the report are generated directly from Good’s internal data, as aggregated from all devices activated across Good’s worldwide customer base.
Overall, the report shows secure enterprise app activations continued to see a growth rate at 57 percent quarter over quarter, up from 54 percent and 43 percent growth from the last two quarters, respectively.
The total number of secure browsing app activations across Good’s customer base rose by 2900 percent, boosting it to the fifth most-activated app category, despite not making the top 10 in previous quarters.
Custom app activations grew 77 percent quarter over quarter, a significant jump in the 55 percent growth reported in Q4 2013. Other app categories that saw notable growth of over 100 percent quarter over quarter include mobile printing, notes and mobile unified communications, highlighting the growing trend of organizations moving beyond tasks like document editing and management and supplementing their mobile app strategies with more advanced, sophisticated apps.
From a device perspective, platform activations held steady quarter over quarter with iOS reporting 72 percent of total device activations in Q1 and Android activations increasing one percentage point quarter over quarter, for 27 percent of total device activations.
Additional report findings include:
- Tablets recorded twice the number of enterprise app activations versus smartphones this quarter, likely attributed to form factor.
- Insurance emerged as a strong new industry category, and recorded 12 percent of total device activations as well as 11 percent of iPad activations.
- Other new categories that emerged in the top 10 for total iPad activations were High Tech and Energy & Utilities.
Read more: http://media.www1.good.com/documents/rpt-mobility-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more