New partnership emerges to simply IoT security
|Richard Harris in IoT Wednesday, May 16, 2018|
In an effort to make IoT development less tricky and more secure, Mocana Corporation is partnering with Verizon to integrate some of it's solutions.
According to Verizon’s 2018 Data Breach Investigations Report, 48% of data breaches involved hacking. With billions of IoT connected devices deployed and being introduced, manufacturers and IoT service providers need an easier way to scale the management IoT security.
Integrating Mocana with Verizon ThingSpace will help customers to:
- Simplify the development of IoT applications with a pre-integrated security solution customized for a number of embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Harden IoT devices by incorporating essential security (secure boot, secure update, intelligent firewall, security credentialing) into IoT devices that communicate with Verizon's cellular network
- Provide security for ThingSpace devices through NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validated cryptography that meets the Industrial Internet Consortium Endpoint Security Best Practices
- Simplify and scale IoT device onboarding and enrollment with a complete credentialing solution for IoT device authentication and authorization
- Ultimately accelerate the time to market for new IoT services and products
“Securing an IoT solution can be complex and challenging for device manufactures and enterprises without the expertise in embedded system security,” said Abhi Dugar, research director, IoT Security, at IDC. “Verizon and Mocana’s partnership makes sense and will enable manufacturers, infrastructure operators, enterprises and systems integrators to more easily scale IoT security to support billions of devices.“
“Leveraging Verizon’s comprehensive understanding of mobile networking, network security, managed networks and security, global coverage and secure cloud connectivity will enable our joint customers to scale their IoT digitalization strategies securely and profitability,” said William Diotte, CEO at Mocana. “Our partnership will help companies with large global IoT initiatives, including systems integrators and technology providers, to scale and manage IoT device security.”
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.