New MindLeapThought Powered Virtual Reality Game System Introduced
Monday, March 9, 2015
MindMaze, a neurotechnology company, is launching a thought-powered virtual reality (VR), augmented reality and motion capture game system named MindLeap. The company made the announcement at GDC where it showcased the system which is based on MindMaze's proprietary neurotechnology engine, which detects and predicts brain and muscle activity to trigger real-time virtual experiences.
The platform combines neural sensing with embedded motion capture cameras. MindLeap's neurotechnology engine will soon be available to game developers via an SDK and to gamers through a head mounted display (HMD), which consists of NeuroGoggles and 3D motion capture cameras.
MindLeap powered games will be available on multiple games consoles and platform types, including XBOX, PlayStation, iOS and Android. Using neuroscience paradigms, MindMaze enables thought-driven gameplay mechanics and experiences using the HMD and wireless 3D cameras which enable real-time mapping of player behavior and movements to avatars, rendering instant reaction via virtual reality within gameplay including on tablet and mobile devices.
Read more: http://www.mindmaze.ch/vr/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more