New Google Maps 1.1 tools for iOS developers
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Google has released an update for the Google Maps IOS SDK, into the wild so any iOS developer can access its Google Maps data and integrate the features into apps (previously it was by invite only for the advanced feature set). You can get your MAPS key on the Google Maps API Console.
Google developer advocate Paul Saxman says in a video demonstrating the new tools, Google is commited to bringing the MAPS SDK to as many developers and platforms as possible.
The new version 1.1 includes support for markers with info windows (finally!), ground overlays, gesture control, and geodesic polylines, tilting and panning the map screen, Giving access to all developers may mean that more third-party app developers will choose to use Google's mapping data instead of Apple's.
Read more: http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com/2013/02/an...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more