New Developer Workforce Initiative to Support the Global Development Work Force
Friday, April 22, 2016
The Application Developers Alliance has launched the Developer Workforce Initiative to provide resources and support that will engage, educate and help grow the global developer labor force. Initial corporate supporters of the initiative include Apcera, AT&T, Built.io, Ericsson, Facebook, Ford, Google, Intel, and MapR.
The Developer Workforce Initiative includes a number of specific plans and programs including:
- Defining and shaping the capabilities of the Industrial Internet
- Gathering industry leaders and technologists to host events and deliver programming to developers
- Deploying developer education resources and content for developers preparing to enter the development workforce
- Creating core competencies and set criteria for industrialized application development
- Matchmaking software developers with companies looking for talent
- Conducting research and providing analysis on the changing needs of the developer workforce
- Identifying new trends in software development
The efforts will be platform agnostic and will provide support across all technologies and industries. Included will be a focus on next-generation technology tools as well as positioning software product design, deployment and operation as a strategic asset as opposed to a cost and control function.
Read more: http://www.developerworkforce.org/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more