New Bluetooth Transport Discovery Service Released for IoT
|Richard Harris in IoT Wednesday, March 23, 2016|
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group has released its Transport Discovery Service (TDS), which offers a common framework for devices to discover and connect no matter what wireless technologies they are using.
TDS allows Internet of Things (IoT) devices to remain available while consuming minimal power. Using the low energy feature of Bluetooth, TDS enables devices to discover one another and the technologies and capabilities they support, all while keeping other power-hungry or high-bandwidth technologies dormant until needed.
Standards organizations will be able to define TDS profiles identifying their technologies, facilitating their discovery and connection. TDS provides the ability for a variety of organizations and technologies to define how Bluetooth discovery will work for them. The service is customizable, allowing it to be optimized for specific uses.
Standard organizations and alliances interested in working with the Bluetooth SIG should contact [email protected] for additional information.
Read more: https://www.bluetooth.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more