Mobile Developers Can Put on Their Boogie shoes With Boogio Wearable SDK for Footware
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Tuesday, September 2, 2014|
Boogio is a recent startup that plans on turning any shoe into a smart shoe. For developers who want to get involved, the company is offering preorders of the Boogio Beta developer kits priced $189.00 USD.
Boogio is promoting its new platform as the world's first wearable device that can sense gravitational forces, inner balance, and 3D movement of the feet in real-time, delivering data directly to a mobile device. Developers use can data to build new applications for immersive wearable experiences in entertainment, gaming, and health and fitness.
Some of the use cases Boogio envisions include:
- Pair with the Oculus Rift and other gaming devices to allow for a hands-free, immersive virtual reality experience.
- Gamification of fitness by detecting movements such as dancing, jumping, and squatting.
Pre- and post-surgery rehabilitation by providing feedback on muscle movements to help patients recover functionality over time.
- Athletic training by using Boogio's data to help train muscles to perfect a jump shot or test balance for a golf swing.
- Running through provide feedback on gait.
- Control slideshow presentations by integrating with slideshow presentations to turn pages by simply leaning left to right.
Here’s what is included with the developer kit:
- Two Boogio Beta boards with shoe clips
- Two sensor shoe inserts
- Two USB cables for charging
- , handling, and any applicable taxes are included
Boogio Beta will ship in early 2015.
Read more: https://boogio.com/developer