Mobile and IoT security gets a boost from new PN80T chipset
|Richard Harris in IoT Tuesday, February 28, 2017|
PN80T embedded Secure Element and NFC solution unveiled by NXP Semiconductors.
A user experience built around NFC use cases
The new PN80T system includes a high performance NFC controller that enables a smaller antenna to fit smaller and thinner form factors than before. The controller delivers well on RF(Radio Frequency) performance, allowing communications at further distances as well as a significantly improved RF interoperability of 99 percent. Furthermore, with the increased performance of the SE, transactions times at payment and transit terminals in China could be reduced by 40 percent compared to previous generations, which brings mobile transactions up to the speed and convenience experienced through contactless cards.
Enabling new security applications
Building on the success of NFC applications such as mobile payment and transit, the PN80T can fuel a range of new security applications that are not NFC-related. For mobile devices, the PN80T can be used as a high-level security protection enclave. Being ELA6+ certified makes it one of, if not the highest CC(Common Criteria) level of any SE in the market, allowing manufacturers and developers to enhance platform security by enabling devices to use biometric information for access. The PN80T is designed to secure this sensitive biometric information.
Easy deployment of secure transaction services
Stepping up in features and enablement, PN80T unleashes business opportunities in many domains of security by:
- offering OS updates independent from the TSM,
- the use of Loader Service, the enabler of simpler deployment of value added services, eliminating the burden of costly TSM for any business size,
- smooth and broad service deployment supporting MIFARE4Mobile, a technology used to manage MIFARE-based services in NFC mobile devices, from over-the-air installation to end-user interaction,
- high performance and robustness against tearing events and durability through NXP combined design expertise in both hardware and software
- offering a dedicated reference design and test bed to support R&D activities and development of wearables and applications using embedded eSE technology
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.