Minuum Releases Beta V1.0.1 Virtual Keyboard
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Friday, July 12, 2013|
According to the Minuum blog, they have fixed couple of minor bugs and plan to announce significant enhancements in the works for the next update. Fixes include crashes caused by Emoji characters, updated dialogs to "Holo" theme, and several stability fixes. The company reports the number one request from developers is international language support which they plan to incorporate in future updates.
The Minuum keyboard was developed as a single line QWERTY layout. The pitch is to allow users to access much more mobile screen space than traditional virtual keyboards. While using such a small keyboard might seem daunting, the company is emphasizing its smart auto-correction and smart word prediction, key magnification through a zoom view when needed, and other attributes that makes the keyboard practical to use.
The keyboard will be available through the Google Play Store for users. Developers will have the opportunity to utilize the virtual keyboard in Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows and other environments.
Read more: http://minuum.com/whats-new-in-minuum-version-1-0-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more