Millennial Media Grows Mobile Ad Real Time Bidding (RTB) Offerings with Acquisition of Nexage
|Stuart Parkerson in Monetize Wednesday, September 24, 2014|
Millennial Media has announced is acquiring Nexage. Based in Boston, privately held Nexage is a provider of Real-Time-Bidding (RTB) technology for mobile ads. Millennial Media says that Nexage will bolster the company’s services in three areas.
Increasing yield for developers via expertise and scale
Nexage’s offerings will complement Millennial Media’s demand from agencies and advertisers with a complete programmatic marketplace. Nexage’s marketplace includes:
- An exchange that allows Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) and trading desks to buy ad impressions via programmatic direct, private exchange and open auctions.
- A Supply Side Platform (SSP) and mediation solution that allows developers to expose impressions to classic networks - including the Facebook Audience Network, Google’s Admob, and iAd. In total, Nexage is connected to over 225 programmatic buyers and networks.
- An ad server that publishers and developers can utilize to launch directly-sold campaigns.
Allowing advertisers to buy impressions programmatically
Following the Nexage acquisition, Millennial Media will be in a position to enable buyers to execute deals via public and private RTB auctions and programmatic direct deals.
Enabling data and audience buying
With Millennial Media’s existing data management platform (DMP) as its backbone, the two companies will be position to enhance impressions through first and third party data. Millennial Media’s mobile-first DMP can ingest publisher and advertiser data to enable re-targeting, audience extensions, and cross-device attribution.
Read more: http://www.millennialmedia.com/pressroom/press-rel...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more