Microsoft Provides New Unified Registration for Windows and Windows Phone App Developers
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Developers will probably care most about the unified registration for Windows Store and Windows Phone where developers on both sides can use the same account to submit apps to both platforms.
New developers can now register and existing developers can renew their account using the same Microsoft account. Developers will enter registration information just once and pay a single price of $19 for an individual and $99 for a company account, providing access to publish apps for both Windows and Windows Phone users.
Developers who are already registered with both Windows Store and Windows Phone using the same Microsoft account will receive a code via email this month, valid for a free one-year renewal when their existing registration is up for renewal.
The Dev Center dashboards will still be separated with the most significant change being that Windows Phone developers will have to provide a credit card to validate all new accounts and renewals.
Learn more at the link below.
Read more: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/appbuilder/arch...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more