MergeVR to Offer New VR Goggles and VR Motion Controllers for iOS and Android
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Tuesday, April 21, 2015|
MergeVR is launching a new line of virtual reality goggles and motion controllers for iOS and Android this fall. The products will be available in the U.S. for $129.
The MergeVR Goggles and are meant to be flexible, yet sturdy enough to be stuffed into a backpack, tossed on the sofa, and taken on the go. The MergeVR controller is a wireless handheld motion controller specifically designed for mobile virtual reality, lets users navigate virtual worlds with the click of a button, as well as enable gameplay and controls. It features a wireless 9 inputs (8 buttons plus a thumbstick) and 9-axis motion controller.
MergeVR is reaching out to game and app developers to build virtual reality experiences that utilize the technology. They are currently working several launch publishers, a number of which are using Unity 3D. Developers can contact MergeVR for more information about its Launch Partners Program.
Read more: http://www.mergevr.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more