Jquery 2.0 Released
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Thursday, April 18, 2013|
Team JQuery has just released version 2.0 of the framework on their website. This release has some needed improvements and they are suggesting you start using 2.0 right away, but they will be creating a new version for 1.10 that includes many big fixes and enhancements to keep older versions as close to current as possible.
Here are some highlights of the changes that jQuery 2.0 brings:
- No more support for IE 6/7/8
- Reduced size
- Custom builds for even smaller files
- jQuery 1.9 API equivalence
Download the new JQuery 2.0 below:
http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.0.0.min.js (minified, for production)
http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.0.0.js (unminified, for testing)
Read more: http://blog.jquery.com/2013/04/18/jquery-2-0-relea...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more