Jellybean Overtakes Gingerbread As Top Android OS
|Ron Beaman in Android Friday, July 12, 2013|
Data released in Google's bi-weekly usage figures show that Jellybean has nudged out Gingerbread as the top Android OS.
The snapshot of data was released on July 8 for all devices that visited the Google Play Store in the previous 14 days.
Prior to April, the data was collected when a device checked-in to Google servers. Now the data is built using data collected from each device when the user visits the Google Play Store.
Total for Jellybean v4.1, v4.2 totaled 37.9% as compared to 34.1% for v2.3.3 - v2.3.7 of Gingerbread.
Read more: https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/ind...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more