According to Intel, its new Multi-OS Engine feature of the Intel INDE development platform provides the ability for developers to create native mobile applications for iOS and Android with only Java expertise on Windows and/or OS X development machines.
INDE is Intel’s cross platform productivity suite for developing native mobile applications. INDE consists of a number of features including SDKs, performance libraries and development tools like compilers, debuggers and analyzers.
The New Multi-OS Engine is available as a stand-alone plug-in that can be integrated into Android Studio. App projects can be started as Android projects in Android Studio and the Multi-OS Engine configures the project to build and run as an iOS App on the iOS simulator that can be invoked from Android Studio.
Here is how the Multi-OS Engine development workflow works in Android Studio:
- Create an Android Project in Android Studio, include configuration for iOS app, and add the new configuration “Intel MOE iOS Application”.
- Design UI for iOS in XCode or MOE’s UI designer in Android Studio.
- Bind UI to Java using the NatJ runtime libraries.
- Android Studio is equipped with the Intellisense capabilities to bind the action handlers to the UI elements for iOS.
- Local build is supported on OS X development machines where iOS Simulators can be invoked. For Windows development systems, remote/cloud build is supported.
- iOS applications then can be run on the Simulator which is integrated into Android Studio by MOE configuration or directly on the device itself through USB debugging.
- Launch the app in App Store in iOS or Google Play Store for Android devices.
Reiterate the process aiming to reuse as much code as possible between these two apps.
Read more: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-inde
This guide titled, "100 Questions and Answers to help you land your Dream iOS Job" can help you through some further questions related to landing a job related to iOS. With 100 Questions and Answers categorized by seniority and with reviews from some of the top iOS engineers worldwide, this book will level up how you make interviews for your favorite platform.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.