IBM Spectrum Computing Offers High Performance Data Analytics with SoftwareDefined Infrastructure Technology
|Richard Harris in Analytics Wednesday, June 8, 2016|
IBM has released IBM Spectrum Computing, a new intelligent resource and workload management software which offers workload and resource management capabilities for high-performance research, design and simulation applications.
IBM Spectrum Computing is designed to make it easier for organizations to extract full value from data to accelerate performance-intensive analytics or machine learning. This technology can be used across industries for use cases such as to help sequence genomes for improved cancer treatment, for engineers to design a championship-winning Formula One race car or for bankers to personalize financial services to attract new customers.
The IBM Spectrum Computing platform offers new cognitive, resource-aware scheduling policies that help increase the utilization of existing compute resources, controlling costs while speeding results for high performance computing, big data analytics, new generation applications and open source frameworks, such as Hadoop and Apache Spark.
IBM Spectrum Computing provides the ability to consolidate data center infrastructure and sharing resources across on-premise, cloud or hybrid environments offering the following functionality:
- Designed to speed analysis of data: IBM Spectrum Conductor works with cloud applications and open source frameworks, speeding time to results by enabling increasingly complex applications to share resources, all while protecting and managing data throughout its lifecycle. It manages multiple applications at one time ensuring allocation of resources to achieve faster time to results. Highly-efficient, multi-tenant scheduling allows for data and resource sharing without compromising availability or security.
- Integrates Apache Spark: IBM Spectrum Conductor with Spark simplifies the adoption of Apache Spark, an open source big data analytics framework, while delivering up to 60 percent faster analytical results.
- Accelerates research and design: IBM Spectrum LSF is a comprehensive workload management software featuring interfaces to help organizations accelerate research and design by up to 150 times while controlling costs through advanced resource sharing and improved utilization. Ease of use is improved through an enhanced mobile user interface, improved reporting and workload visibility. Significant performance enhancements offer five-times greater throughput and up to three-times higher scalability than previous IBM Platform LSF versions.
IBM Spectrum Computing software includes IBM Spectrum Conductor, IBM Spectrum LSF and IBM Spectrum Symphony. The expanded software-defined computing portfolio complements the IBM Spectrum Storage software-defined storage family.
Read more: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/spectrum-computing/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more