IBM Introduces API Harmony API Matchmaking Technology
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Thursday, November 5, 2015|
IBM has launched API Harmony, which offers intelligent cloud-based API matchmaking technology to help developers search public APIs and find interesting relationships among them. API Harmony uses cognitive technologies like intelligent mapping and graph technology to anticipate what a developer will require to build new apps, make recommendations on which APIs to use, show API relationships, and identify what is missing.
IBM API Harmony is offered as a cloud service available through the IBM Cloud on Bluemix, allowing developers to use intelligent search technology to quickly find APIs and choose the combination of APIs that will be most effective for a given application. API Harmony connects producers and consumers in the API Economy by anticipating what is needed next, making recommendations on which APIs to use, showing API relationships, and identifying what is missing. The platform acts as a matchmaker of APIs for developers and IT managers to facilitate the process of building new applications.
Associated new services and solutions include:
- Strategy: With IBM’s API Economy Journey Map, individuals who are part of the company’s new cognitive practice will help clients identify key opportunities and gauge their readiness on their journey in the API Economy.
- Technologies: IBM has infused intelligent mapping capabilities into its API Harmony technology that helps developers use intelligent search technology to quickly and easily find APIs and choose the combination of APIs that will be most effective for a given application.
- Ecosystem: IBM is collaborating with the Linux Foundation and industry standards organizations to provide an open platform for building, managing, securing, and integrating open APIs.
- IBM is providing cognitive computing capabilities in the form of APIs that deliver its Watson technology through a comprehensive set of tools and services. IBM’s Watson APIs are managed by IBM API Management on BluemixTM, bringing approximately 30 cognitive-based APIs and capabilities of Ecosystem Partners and developers to industries.
IBM will offer related workshops to help companies quickly develop and adopt an API strategy. These will include starter workshops to allow developers to leave with a functioning API after spending just four days in one of IBM’s Bluemix Garage venues.
To help facilitate the development of industry standards around open API development, IBM is also announcing its participation in two standards organizations in banking and healthcare to ultimately allow clients to quickly and easily integrate APIs into their digital services.
IBM is working with the Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN) to create common IT standards for the banking industry, including the creation of common banking API definitions, which will standardize application components, and simplify and accelerate the creation of APIs.
IBM is also working with the HL7 standards organization on a key healthcare standard called FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources). HL7 member organizations such as IBM bring a experience and expertise to the Argonaut Implementation initiative, which is a group of private-sector healthcare organizations collaborating to speed the development and adoption of FHIR.
Read more: http://www.ibm.com/middleware/integration/en-us/ap...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more