HackNotice announces threat intelligence platform
Friday, September 18, 2020
HackNotice Teams, from the cybersecurity startup HackNotice, is an industry solution providing employees with the same risk view and insights as the security team.
HackNotice announced the launch of HackNotice Teams, a cybersecurity management platform powered by actionable threat intelligence and an industry solution to foster a company-wide culture of security. Built on HackNotice Premium’s technology, HackNotice Teams scours the dark web to alert employees of vulnerabilities, compromised information, and data breaches in real-time. HackNotice protects thousands of companies and hundreds of thousands of employees each day from account takeover, vendor risk, and fraud.
With HackNotice Teams, security departments can see which employees and departments are most at risk by analyzing current habits and the types of risks being ignored. This level of critical insight helps security teams target their responses and stretch limited budgets by putting resources in identified vulnerable areas. Employees also have their own dashboard, marking the first ever platform to provide employees with the same risk view and insights as the security team, to encourage active participation in protecting the organization.
As the world grappled with COVID-19, over 27 billion records were exposed in the first half of 2020, exceeding the total number of records exposed during the entirety of 2019. With more people working from home than ever before – and many companies making the switch to remote overnight – new and unique security risks have surfaced. While companies continue to invest in security solutions, the spend is often wasted in deploying additional technology barriers versus the root cause of 95% of breaches – human error. When evaluating Security Performance Management, it becomes clear that security infrastructure alone cannot protect companies against growing threats. Cybersecurity isn’t a technology problem — it’s a people problem.
“Hackers are only getting savvier and COVID-19 has exacerbated cybersecurity threats that were already accelerating,” said Steve Thomas, CEO at HackNotice. “People and businesses are operating online more than ever before, creating ideal conditions for hackers to capitalize on panic, confusion, and uncertainty. HackNotice Teams alleviates some of the pressure on IT professionals by not only pinpointing specific problem areas, but engaging employees in the process. HackNotice Teams makes cybersecurity a core value and shared objective rather than an afterthought.”
Key features of HackNotice Teams include:
- Personalized watchlists: Employees can set up personalized watchlists to monitor the sites they frequent. A convenient browser plug-in is also available to automatically add visited websites.
- Real-time alerts: Employees receive real-time alerts, available on their personal dashboard or mobile app, when their information has been compromised or stolen.
- Actionable recovery steps: Unlike other services, when notified, employees receive detailed insight to what information was exposed and actionable next steps for how to recover based on the type of hack, including steps to prevent further consequences.
- Pinpoint problem areas: HackNotice Teams provides IT professionals with visibility into the highest and lowest risk people and departments to identify who needs additional support.
- Employee incentives: Employees are given awards for addressing their security issues, and companies can choose to reward employees for good security hygiene through PTO, tech tools, or other benefits at their discretion.
“HackNotice Teams gives clients the opportunity to be proactive by providing feedback about strengths and weaknesses within their cybersecurity programs, including which areas require more attention and the types of changes to work culture that can enable a more secure environment,” said Romaine Marshall, Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Business Litigation Lawyer at Stoel Rives.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more