GTC Japan yields huge new NVIDIA announcements
Monday, September 17, 2018
GTC Japan proved very productive for NVIDIA with the announcement by Jensen Huang of lots of new technologies.
At GTC Japan in Tokyo, Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA, announced a host of new technologies and products during his signature keynote speaking event. And in case you missed it, here is a list of all of the new announcements that came out of the event:
NVIDIA TensorRT Hyperscale Platform
NVIDIA has announced a new AI data center platform delivering an advanced inference accelerator for voice, video, image, recommendation services. It features new Tesla T4 GPUs and a comprehensive set of new inference software.
- Tesla T4: An AI inference accelerator, powered by Turing Tensor Cores, that brings revolutionary multi-precision inference performance to accelerate AI applications.
- TensorRT 5: Lets data scientists optimize neural networks and run them for applications such as computer vision, speech, in data centers and embedded devices.
- TensorRT inference server: Containerized microservice that enables applications to use AI models in data center production. Supports multiple models per GPU, is optimized for all major AI frameworks and scales using Kubernetes on NVIDIA GPUs.
- CUDA 10: Turing-optimized, it will include performance-optimized libraries, new programming model constructs for defining program execution, enhanced graphics API interoperability.
Additional NVIDIA Announcements
- Jetson AGX Xavier dev kit available worldwide: Jetson AGX Xavier is an AI computer for autonomous machines like robots and drones, with the performance of a GPU workstation in a module under 30W. With 9B transistors, it’s the most complex SOC they have ever built.
- DRIVE AGX Xavier dev kit available worldwide: NVIDIA DRIVE AGX is a scalable, open computing platform that serves as the AI brain for self-driving cars, trucks, robotaxis, and shuttles. DRIVE AGX systems are all built on a single architecture, taking advantage of the NVIDIA DRIVE software stack to scale from traffic jam pilots to fully autonomous operation.
- Leading Japanese Companies Select Jetson AGX Xavier for Next-Gen Autonomous Machines: FANUC, Komatsu, Musashi Seimitsu, Kawada Technologies have adopted Jetson AGX Xavier.
- Yamaha Motor Adopts Jetson AGX Xavier for Autonomous Land, Air, Sea Machines: Yamaha to make Jetson AGX Xavier brain for a broad portfolio of intelligent machines, including unmanned agriculture vehicles, last-mile vehicles, and marine products.
- NTT Adopts NVIDIA AI Platform to Power Company-Wide AI Initiative: NTT adopting NVIDIA’s AI platform based on Tensor Core GPUs for its company-wide “corevo” AI initiative.
- Fujifilm Is First in Japan to Adopt NVIDIA DGX-2 Supercomputer. FUJIFILM Corporation is the first company in Japan to adopt the NVIDIA DGX-2 AI supercomputer, which it will use to accelerate the development of AI technology for fields such as healthcare and medical imaging systems and its highly functional materials for displays and more.
- Clara Platform to Reinvent Medical Instruments, Bringing AI to Millions of Scanning Devices: Clara platform, a combination of hardware and software, will bring AI to next-gen medical imaging systems to improve the diagnosis, detection, and treatment of diseases.
- Isuzu Developing Next-Generation Trucks with NVIDIA DRIVE AGX: Isuzu Motors, one of Japan’s leading commercial vehicle makers, is using the NVIDIA DRIVE AGX platform to address an industry-wide driver-shortage while making roadways safer and less congested.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more