GTC Japan yields huge new NVIDIA announcements
|Richard Harris in Events Monday, September 17, 2018|
GTC Japan proved very productive for NVIDIA with the announcement by Jensen Huang of lots of new technologies.
At GTC Japan in Tokyo, Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA, announced a host of new technologies and products during his signature keynote speaking event. And in case you missed it, here is a list of all of the new announcements that came out of the event:
NVIDIA TensorRT Hyperscale Platform
NVIDIA has announced a new AI data center platform delivering an advanced inference accelerator for voice, video, image, recommendation services. It features new Tesla T4 GPUs and a comprehensive set of new inference software.
- Tesla T4: An AI inference accelerator, powered by Turing Tensor Cores, that brings revolutionary multi-precision inference performance to accelerate AI applications.
- TensorRT 5: Lets data scientists optimize neural networks and run them for applications such as computer vision, speech, in data centers and embedded devices.
- TensorRT inference server: Containerized microservice that enables applications to use AI models in data center production. Supports multiple models per GPU, is optimized for all major AI frameworks and scales using Kubernetes on NVIDIA GPUs.
- CUDA 10: Turing-optimized, it will include performance-optimized libraries, new programming model constructs for defining program execution, enhanced graphics API interoperability.
Additional NVIDIA Announcements
- Jetson AGX Xavier dev kit available worldwide: Jetson AGX Xavier is an AI computer for autonomous machines like robots and drones, with the performance of a GPU workstation in a module under 30W. With 9B transistors, it’s the most complex SOC they have ever built.
- DRIVE AGX Xavier dev kit available worldwide: NVIDIA DRIVE AGX is a scalable, open computing platform that serves as the AI brain for self-driving cars, trucks, robotaxis, and shuttles. DRIVE AGX systems are all built on a single architecture, taking advantage of the NVIDIA DRIVE software stack to scale from traffic jam pilots to fully autonomous operation.
- Leading Japanese Companies Select Jetson AGX Xavier for Next-Gen Autonomous Machines: FANUC, Komatsu, Musashi Seimitsu, Kawada Technologies have adopted Jetson AGX Xavier.
- Yamaha Motor Adopts Jetson AGX Xavier for Autonomous Land, Air, Sea Machines: Yamaha to make Jetson AGX Xavier brain for a broad portfolio of intelligent machines, including unmanned agriculture vehicles, last-mile vehicles, and marine products.
- NTT Adopts NVIDIA AI Platform to Power Company-Wide AI Initiative: NTT adopting NVIDIA’s AI platform based on Tensor Core GPUs for its company-wide “corevo” AI initiative.
- Fujifilm Is First in Japan to Adopt NVIDIA DGX-2 Supercomputer. FUJIFILM Corporation is the first company in Japan to adopt the NVIDIA DGX-2 AI supercomputer, which it will use to accelerate the development of AI technology for fields such as healthcare and medical imaging systems and its highly functional materials for displays and more.
- Clara Platform to Reinvent Medical Instruments, Bringing AI to Millions of Scanning Devices: Clara platform, a combination of hardware and software, will bring AI to next-gen medical imaging systems to improve the diagnosis, detection, and treatment of diseases.
- Isuzu Developing Next-Generation Trucks with NVIDIA DRIVE AGX: Isuzu Motors, one of Japan’s leading commercial vehicle makers, is using the NVIDIA DRIVE AGX platform to address an industry-wide driver-shortage while making roadways safer and less congested.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.