GameSalad Acquires Together Games Asynchronous Multiplayer Game Server Platform
|Stuart Parkerson in Programming Tuesday, July 29, 2014|
Earlier this year GameSalad integrated the Together Games asynchronous multiplayer game server platform and now they have announced they have purchased Together Games entirely.
This acquisition allows GameSalad to offer managed server hosting for all of their users that want to put asynchronous multiplayer into their apps. This feature is currently available in the company’s latest "nightly" build and will be re-enabled in their next release. After this initial release, GameSalad will roll out more of the Together Games platform features including text chat, achievements, and leaderboards.
The Together Games backend development platform provides GameSalad with:
- Cross Platform Asynchronous Multiplayer API: Allows cross platform users of iPhone, Android devices, HTML5 and more to play together.
- Cloud Based Server Hosting: Scalable cloud deployment, dynamic load balancing and dedicated instances available.
- Easy Data Management: Provides the ability to balance games in real time and tweak game data without time consuming submissions.
- Leaderboards: Track player’s progress and high scores.
- Achievements: Ad the ability to monetize achievements.
- In-Game Text Chat: Allows players to brag/chat while playing
Read more: http://www.gamesalad.com/blog/together-games-is-no...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more