GameSalad Acquires Together Games Asynchronous Multiplayer Game Server Platform
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Earlier this year GameSalad integrated the Together Games asynchronous multiplayer game server platform and now they have announced they have purchased Together Games entirely.
This acquisition allows GameSalad to offer managed server hosting for all of their users that want to put asynchronous multiplayer into their apps. This feature is currently available in the company’s latest "nightly" build and will be re-enabled in their next release. After this initial release, GameSalad will roll out more of the Together Games platform features including text chat, achievements, and leaderboards.
The Together Games backend development platform provides GameSalad with:
- Cross Platform Asynchronous Multiplayer API: Allows cross platform users of iPhone, Android devices, HTML5 and more to play together.
- Cloud Based Server Hosting: Scalable cloud deployment, dynamic load balancing and dedicated instances available.
- Easy Data Management: Provides the ability to balance games in real time and tweak game data without time consuming submissions.
- Leaderboards: Track player’s progress and high scores.
- Achievements: Ad the ability to monetize achievements.
- In-Game Text Chat: Allows players to brag/chat while playing
Read more: http://www.gamesalad.com/blog/together-games-is-no...
A designer's guide to mobile AR and VR Thursday, August 16, 2018
Open Source security comes to GitHub Thursday, August 16, 2018
NodeSource pricing tier has changed Thursday, August 16, 2018
Developing apps for the cloud to fuel faster releases Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Smart ball game converts data from the ball into usable game events Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you