Flint Mobile's New App2App Connect Allows Mobile Credit Card Payments with Minimal Coding
|Richard Harris in Monetize Tuesday, March 24, 2015|
Flint Mobile has released App2App Connect, a way for developers to extend their mobile apps to accept credit card payments online without any extra hardware.
Designed for business applications that help SMBs manage clients, forms, jobs, appointments or sales orders from their smartphones, App2App Connect enables developers to embed a “Take Payment” button in their app with minimal coding so that their business users can take advantage of Flint’s mobile payment processing, instant account activation, and transaction confirmation data. Flint’s proprietary card scanning technology eliminates the need for card readers, freeing app publishers from having to distribute and support hardware accessories.
Flint also announced the addition of support for American Express and Discover Card payments through its updated iOS and Android apps. Flint’s standard credit card transaction fees apply to the new payment types for all modes of use without any additional costs.
Free for use by developers, App2App Connect provides a lightweight path to payment-enable iOS and Android vertical business apps as well as horizontal apps used for functions such as time tracking, mobile forms, service appointments, and customer relationship management.
Integration is achieved by adding a code snippet that automatically passes customer order data between the business app and the Flint app running on the same device. A custom URL approach is used for iOS apps while Intents are used for Android.
Users can initiate payment by tapping a “Take Payment” button embedded in the app. Transaction-related data such as base payment amount, tax, item description and client email is automatically populated into the Flint app for secure card capture, processing, and an optional receipt, invoice or coupon.
Once the payment has been accepted, the user is returned to the originating app along with real-time transaction confirmation data. Flint handles secure entry and management of all sensitive credit card information, alleviating the need for developers to build payment acceptance features themselves.
The benefits of App2App Connect include:
- Fast integration: App2App Connect can be implemented with minimal coding by making a call from an embedded payment button to the Flint app. There is no need to integrate a payments API or SDK, or develop end-to-end payment workflows. App developers can enroll online in the App2App Connect Partner Program to receive a partner ID, the custom URL / Intent code, and a co-branded account activation wizard.
- No extra hardware needed for merchants: Flint’s technology allows users to securely scan credit/debit cards with their smartphone instead of swiping them, eliminating the need for card readers. Keyed entry is also supported.
- Time savings for users: Businesses can take payments starting from their client or job management app of choice without re-entering transaction-related data.
- Instant merchant activation: Users can begin accepting payments right away without a merchant account. App2App Connect enables partners to setup a co-branded account activation form.
- Security: Flint is a secure, PCI-compliant Payment Service Provider through Vantiv and encrypts transmission of all data. No images or sensitive card data are stored on the user’s device. App2App Connect data transfer sits behind device-side security protocols and developers do not need to manage sensitive credit card data in their applications.
- Connectivity to other Flint functions: In addition to in-person card payments, App2App Connect provides access to Flint’s suite of mobile capabilities, including invoicing, couponing, e-commerce, and integration of payment data with QuickBooks Online which can eliminate hours of manual entry.
- Low transaction fees and fast deposits: Flint’s transaction fees are 1.95% for debit card payments and 2.95% for credit card transactions with no added per-transaction charges or monthly fees. Deposits are made in 1-2 business days directly to the user’s bank account.
Read more: https://www.flint.com/app2app./
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more