Facebook Instant Games turns two with 20 billion game sessions played
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Facebook is celebrating the second year for its Instant Games platform with some updates, a blog post, and news about the future of gaming on Facebook.
Facebook is celebrating the second year for Instant Games, its gaming platform based onHTML5 technology that allows people to find and play games directly in the News Feed or Messenger conversations. Along with a recent blog post about the milestone, Facebook has also released some new stats, and updates about the platform.
Facebook Instant Games Statistics 2018
- Instant Games originally launched in closed beta in 2016 on Facebook and Messenger with 20 games available in 30 markets, there are now over 6,000 games available globally. The platform officially opened for all developers in March of 2018.
- Within two years, over 20 billion game sessions have been played across all surfaces where Instant Games is available. We're continuing to bring Instant Games to more places, including most recently Facebook Groups & Facebook Lite (announcement in October) and the mobile version of fb.gg - our destination for all gaming content on Facebook (announced in June).
- New games recently launched on the platform include Trivia Crack, Car Match, and DragonZ Rising, along with popular games like Everwing, 8 Ball Pool and Ludo Club releasing new updates.
In a blog post to the community, Vivek Sharma, Director of Product Management, Facebook Gaming says, "As the Instant Games platform has gotten more sophisticated, so too has our developer community. We've been building tools that our developers have asked for to improve game discovery, increase engagement and retention, and drive monetization in a meaningful way."
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more