DevSecOps showcase by Sumo Logic unravels all their new changes
|Richard Harris in DevOps Monday, September 17, 2018|
DevSecOps solutions company Sumo Logic will be showcasing their newest technology for Cloud Native applications.
Sumo Logic announced a number of new solutions and enhancements to its platform to empower enterprises to "win in the analytics economy." These innovations, as well as those from DevSecOps ecosystem partners, will be showcased this week at Sumo Logic’s user conference, Illuminate, in Burlingame, Calif. Illuminate will gather over 600 experts in machine data analytics, with over 40 sessions showcasing dozens of customers harnessing Sumo Logic, including speakers from ABinBev, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Pokemon, Samsung SmartThings, USA TODAY NETWORK, and more.
Machine Data is Driving Modern Business
The demand for machine data across the enterprise, and at the executive level, is accelerating at a faster pace than expected. According to a recent 451 Research study, more than 54 percent of survey respondents say their companies are already using machine data tools for business insight, and 50 percent are using these tools specifically to support the end-user experience. Legacy analytics tools have failed organizations because they can no longer deliver the visibility needed to support the investment customers are making in modern architectures at cloud scale.
“By operating one of the most sophisticated pure-cloud services in the world over the past eight years, and now serving 50,000 plus users, Sumo Logic is quickly becoming the data steward for modern businesses,” said Ramin Sayar, president and CEO, Sumo Logic. “And we are just getting started. The innovations announced this week at Illuminate, extending the value of our machine data analytics platform, are squarely focused on serving the growing use cases and people powering modern business. Sumo Logic, delivered and consumed as a service, is the engine for faster decision making to thrive in the analytics economy.”
New Cloud SIEM Solution Built for DevSecOps
Sumo Logic announced a new cloud SIEM solution to democratize security analytics across IT, breaking down legacy silos with new cloud models, including DevSecOps. The solution delivers native elastic scale for on-demand security analytics capacity and deployment agility, enabling new horizontal, collaborative and scalable workflows across security, IT and all lines of business. In addition, workflows, content, and analytics assimilate growing threat surface areas spanning the cloud, modern applications, and infrastructures. These capabilities enable the linkage of upstream emerging DevSecOps models with the downstream security operations center (SOC) workflows, closing the loop for adaptive cloud scale defense.
Legacy security analytics tools, including security information and event management (SIEM) services, are failing to provide the insights organizations need to effectively manage security and compliance in the cloud, as was highlighted in a recent survey conducted by Dimensional Research and sponsored by Sumo Logic. According to the survey, 93 percent think current SIEM solutions are ineffective for the cloud, and two-thirds identified the need to consolidate and rethink traditional tools.
Organizations that are creating and moving applications, infrastructure and workloads to the cloud need a cloud-native solution that is fluent in both cloud infrastructure and application stacks in order to tightly managing their security and compliance in these increasingly mainstream environments.
Sumo Logic’s new cloud SIEM solution enables highly scalable, accelerated next-generation detection and investigation for the rapidly evolving and expanding threat surfaces of cloud and hybrid environments. As part of a rich partner ecosystem, Sumo Logic has extended its integrations across cloud, applications, infrastructures, and endpoints including Amazon Web Services (AWS) GuardDuty, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Fastly, Okta, OneLogin, Palo Alto Networks, zScaler and more, to give users broader visibility, context and analytics to rapidly discover trends, anomalies and outlier events that may be indicators of threat activities in the environment.
Extending Machine Data Analytics with the Sumo Logic Global Intelligence Service
Sumo Logic also announced a number of new innovations designed to extend machine learning and insights to new teams and use cases across the enterprise.
Key new Sumo Logic features include:
- Sumo Industry Insights: Sumo Logic’s ‘State of Modern Applications and DevSecOps in the Cloud’ report, now in its third year, provides an unparalleled view into how the world’s most innovative companies are adopting the latest application technologies.
- Sumo Community Insights: Sumo Logic is introducing Sumo Community Insights, which will deliver the industry’s first real-time operational and security insights leveraging machine-learning powered algorithms that uncover global key performance indicators (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs) from the Sumo Logic user community. This will allow organizations to benchmark and compare their own technology decisions and performance against the leading adopters of modern application stacks. This program will inform customers in every part of their development, production and security lifecycles to optimize costs and efficiencies.
- Sumo Data Science Insights: Sumo Logic is announcing a new open source integration with Jupyter and Apache Zeppelin notebooks that empowers data science teams to build and train machine learning algorithms and models using valuable machine data extracted by the Sumo Logic platform.
New Enhancements for Operational Analytics
Sumo Logic has unveiled a number of new enhancements to help users optimize IT operations, infrastructures and applications with real-time insights, to move from reactive to proactive monitoring and troubleshooting, including:
- Open Platform APIs: new platform APIs will give Sumo Logic customers fine-grained control over the robust role-based access control (RBAC) framework and over the updated content management functionality. This will allow users to automate key configuration tasks like adding new users and permissions.
- Search Templates: empower non-expert users outside of engineering and IT teams such as customer support and product management, to leverage Sumo Logic’s powerful analytics without learning the query language.
- Automatic Rollups for Logs to Metrics: allow users to extract business KPIs from logs at the granularity that makes sense from a cost-to-value perspective. Take millions of customer measurements from logs and cost-effectively convert them to high-performance metrics for long-term trending and analysis.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more