DataArt Launches M2M IoT Consulting Services
|Richard Harris in IoT Wednesday, October 22, 2014|
DataArt, a provider of custom software solutions, has announced the launch of its M2M/IoT consulting practice, to meet the quickly growing demands of the IoT marketplace.
The new practice group is dedicated to helping clients who are interested in experimenting with the Internet of Things (IoT) space across a variety of industries, including insurance, utilities, healthcare, retail, logistics, cities and municipalities, and beyond.
DataArt plans to leverage its experience in various disciplines that make up IoT including embedded software, electrical engineering, prototyping, cloud platforms, web and mobile development, and API design to assist the development of IoT and M2M tech, two concepts which are quickly becoming linked.
One of the solutions offered with DataArt’s new M2M/IoT consulting practice is its open source M2M framework DeviceHive, which allows clients to focus on product creation and innovation without investing significant time in device communication and management.
Other offerings that are part of DataArt’s M2M/IoT practice include:
- Determining potential areas of business that can benefit from IoT
- Prototyping of IoT solutions with DeviceHive, its reference platforms and prototyping hardware
- Full stack application development for IoT: hardware, firmware, cloud back-end, big data and analytics, mobile and web front-end
- Lean execution from concept to pilot launch and from pilot launch to full-scale deployment
- Analysis of existing M2M/IoT solutions
- Development of custom software on top of existing M2M platforms
Examples of IoT and M2M solutions DataArt’s platform can facilitate:
- Healthcare: Wearables connection to track patient health information any time and any place
- Retail/chain/franchise: Conduction of the remote diagnostics of restaurant and gas station equipment, off-the-shelf purchases, vending machines and many more
- Utilities: Smart Grid and demand-response equipment monitoring
- Insurance: Usage based products for automotive
- Logistics: Organization of the vehicle tracking and telemetry
- Cities and Municipalities: Development of the environmental sensor networks, smart parking, traffic management
- Building Management: Clean tech energy reduction systems
- Hotel Property Management: Development of "connected guest" strategies
- Industrial Automation: M2M sensors for better controls, reporting and operational efficiencies
Read more: http://www.dataart.com/software-outsourcing/iot-an...