To help iOS mobile developers receive clarity on how apps perform across the iOS landscape, Crittercism has launched its Mobile Experience Benchmark Report – Apple Edition.
For the report Crittercism gathered data from one billion users in more than 120 countries and analyzed more than three billion events/day over a month, focusing on iOS performance. The report outlines the latest iOS performance metrics including crash rates across iOS versions, devices, latency by carrier and Wi-Fi, and much more.
The reports shows that the average iOS developer’s app depends on 6+ cloud services with 52% using over 5 services. Examples include: Facebook for logins, Amazon Web Services for storage, and Flurry for analytics.
The reports also shows that iOS apps depend on many services and service calls. A single app may make multiple services calls per end user interaction. It is the aggregate latency and error rates across these service calls that determines the end user experience.
The two metrics to focus on are error rate and latency. The report shows that, while users expect responses in under 1 second, 5% of calls experience higher latency and 46% have over 500 ms latency. In addition, 17% of service calls have over 5% error rate and 13% have over 10% error rates.
Other findings in the report include:
- T-Mobile is the fastest iOS carrier while Sprint and US Cellular are the slowest (at 1.3x the speed of T-Mobile)
- In the US, Virginia Beach has the fastest iOS and Wi-Fi responsiveness while Cleveland has the slowest (global rankings also included in deck)
- Raleigh has the fastest iOS carrier responsiveness while Kansas City has the slowest (global rankings also included in deck)
- France has the fastest Wi-Fi responsiveness of all G20 countries while Japan has the fastest carrier responsiveness iOS Crash Rate, Version & Device
- 46% of iOS apps have more than a 1% crash rate (the web’s norm uptime is 99.9%, mobile should be under 1%)
- The most recent iOS versions (7 & 7.1) have a 2.1% crash rate
- Of all Apple mobile devices, iPhone 5s crashes least while the iPad Mini crashes the most
Read more: http://pages.crittercism.com/mobile-app-experience...
This guide titled, "100 Questions and Answers to help you land your Dream iOS Job" can help you through some further questions related to landing a job related to iOS. With 100 Questions and Answers categorized by seniority and with reviews from some of the top iOS engineers worldwide, this book will level up how you make interviews for your favorite platform.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.