CA Technologies says digital transformation is paying off
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Tuesday, October 4, 2016|
The research also introduces the Digital Transformation Business Impact Scorecard (BIS), a global ranking of countries and industries across 14 key performance indicators (KPIs) critical for digital transformation success.
The scorecard results clearly indicate that digital transformation is paying off with tangible benefits as respondents reported:
- 76 percent report improvement in digital reach
- 33 percent increase in speed to market
- 40 percent increase in customer satisfaction
- 37 percent increase in new business revenue
Developing Countries Top the List
Against a global average BIS score of 53, many developing countries top the list – India (79), Thailand (71), Brazil (69), Indonesia (66) and Malaysia (64). The U.S. scored 57 and all of the European countries scored lower.Emerging and developing economies have more ability than mature countries to start their digital transformation efforts with a “clean slate” approach that has less legacy environments to deal with. Therefore, the payoffs can be faster and more significant.
From a vertical sector perspective, the top 5 industries were telecoms (59), banking & financial services (57), public sector (56), retail (54) and healthcare (53). The surprise performance of the public sector reconfirms the strong emphasis governments have been placing on leveraging the app economy and digital transformation to provide more jobs, increase tax revenue and provide better services to their citizens.
The research also explored the key technology choices and best practices businesses are deploying in their digital transformation efforts and what effect they have on business performance.
To measure the impact, the research mapped the level of maturity of adoption of these practices against their Business Impact Scorecard results and found:
- Expanding agile practices beyond development to embrace the entire enterprise boosts digital transformation business performance by 33 percent.- Building DevOps practices into the culture of the organization increase performance on the BIS by 35 percent.
- Applying a more managed, life-cycle approach to APIs increases business impact scores by 52 percent.
- Deploying identity-centric security which uses context, behavioral analytics and more adaptive and predictive approaches to breach detection boosts digital transformation business performance by 24 percent.
Read more: http://www.ca.com/us/rewrite/articles/digital-tran...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more