CA Technologies New API Management, DevOps, Security, and Management Cloud Solutions at CA World
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Tuesday, November 11, 2014|
CA Technologies kicked off its annual CA World conference this week in Las Vegas with the announcement of new security, API management, DevOps, and management Cloud Solutions. The annual event features over 5,000 attendees gathering together to learn about new CA products and other innovations in the new application economy.
CA Technologies announced new DevOps solutions and enhancements to help further unify IT development and operations teams to drive faster and more effective development, deployment and management of high-quality applications.
The CA Technologies DevOps offerings offer a new, seamless integration of service virtualization with API management which allows customers to deliver more powerful applications quickly and more effectively. To facilitate the trend of businesses seeking to use APIs to build applications and open new revenue opportunities, CA has extended Agile Parallel Development in the enterprise to power innovation and growth for customers.
The CA DevOps portfolio includes solutions across all platforms, from mobile to mainframe. Using CA DevOps solutions, enterprise can see improvements in productivity, development speed and deployment. CA Service Virtualization can significantly diminish costs for testing cycles, eliminate much of the downtime due to refreshing test environments, and reduce application development time.
Additional enhancements to the CA DevOps solutions include the new CA Mobile App Analytics to extend application performance management across all platforms and new CA Release Automation features that further accelerate multi-tiered application deployments.
The following new solutions are part of the overall portfolio of CA DevOps capability:
- Agile Parallel Development: Newly released connectivity between CA Service Virtualization 8.0 and CA’s API Management brings APIs into the DevOps process, and delivers improved time-to-market and quality for customers. CA Service Virtualization 8.0 improves the speed of error and defect detection and resolution, and provides more powerful and automated simulated test environments.
- Continuous Delivery: Connecting with any open-source DevOps tool to offer high-speed, high-quality release automation, CA Release Automation 5.5 strengthens customers’ ability to drive the continuous delivery of multi-tiered application deployments. New customer integrations can now be delivered in minutes, with automated deployment across the application lifecycle. CA offers a comprehensive third party, open-source integration library which protects customers’ prior IT investments.
- Agile Operations: Deeper application performance analytics offer a higher quality user-experience as the new CA Mobile App Analytics platform extends CA’s performance management across all enterprise applications and supporting infrastructure, from mobile to mainframe. Tighter business KPI alignment allows customers to identify and remedy issues faster, and track application performance against key business measures.
- Global Service Delivery: A recent study showed that more than half of organizations require consulting support to help them achieve a successful DevOps transformation.
To meet this need, CA offers an expanding DevOps practice with a global network of partners to offer training, assessment and other key services to promote successful DevOps adoption and support customers anywhere in the DevOps methodology adoption cycle.
The CA Management Cloud offers a broad portfolio of CA applications, delivered from the cloud, that enable customers to make the right portfolio decisions, deliver service experience and support the new modern, mobile workforce.
The Management Cloud portfolio was developed by CA in response to the growing size and complexity of enterprise IT investments. It delivers comprehensive management for IT services, assets and projects with rapid time-to-value, ease of implementation and a user experience that will drive enterprise-wide adoption.
The Management Cloud portfolio was developed to manage complexity and transform IT investments into business value rapidly and effectively and offers the following:
- CA Cloud Service Management: Offers a SaaS-based service management with a “configure, don’t code” approach that eliminates the need for big development teams and long customization and development cycles. New enhancements integrate CA CSM with CA Release Automation and Puppet Enterprise, and provide new custom connectors to third-party applications such as Dropbox.
- CA Enterprise Mobility Management: Powers the unwired enterprise and enables higher employee productivity and IT efficiency by securely managing mobile applications, devices, email and content. CA delivers a simple, context-aware user experience with its Smart Containerization technology and unified endpoint management integration.
- CA Executive Playbook: Provides executive-level decision making by offering “business-level” analytics and decision support, enabling enterprise leaders to rapidly respond to changing business conditions. It features a consumer-like experience, directly from an iPad, and includes configurable dashboards including ‘system of record’ information and KPIs through seamless integration with CA CSM and CA Project and Portfolio Management solutions.
- CA Project and Portfolio Management: Improves IT project managers’ ability to prioritize strategic initiatives and resources, ensuring projects and agile teams execute on time and on budget. Rapid and accurate decision-making drives better communication and transparency and reduces investment risk.
API Management and Security
CA is launching new and expanded API management solutions that accelerate mobile and web application delivery, improve customer engagements with frictionless access, and opening the potential for new revenue channels and opportunities.
The CA API Developer Portal is now available as a SaaS offering providing an opportunity to lower support costs and leverage enterprise APIs at the speed and scale of the cloud. Businesses can open data as APIs, create, deploy and manage applications more effectively and efficiently to power innovation and competitive advantage.
CA is working with customers to take advantage of the hidden value of their APIs to create new applications, attract new users and developers, open new routes to market and grow their businesses all while providing enterprises with a comprehensive set of solutions that externalize APIs in a secure, reliable and manageable way.
The CA API Management solutions include the following:
- New CA API Developer Portal SaaS: Allows customers to leverage the speed and efficiency of the cloud to create, test and publish APIs from data sources in minutes, right off the SaaS platform. And with the latest release of the on-premise CA API Developer Portal, CA provides a revenue planner to accelerate API monetization with revenue projection, easier pricing of API assets and simpler invoicing directly from the Portal.
- CA Mobile API Gateway: CA also announced an enhancement to the CA Mobile API Gateway, with a software development kit (SDK), including end-user experience improvements through simplified access for mobile users across all applications – native mobile, hybrid or Web. Integration with the latest release of Samsung KNOX gives organizations an end-to-end mobile app security solution that provides mobile single sign-on while securing the API from instances of rogue apps or tampered devices.
Read more: http://www.ca.com/us/default.aspx