BlueStacks Announces Second Console, GamePop Mini
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Saturday, July 13, 2013|
The Mini differs from its big brother not only in design, but in that the console will be given free to users who purchase and continue a $6.99US monthly subscription service. BlueStacks says the GamePop will be more powerful than the Mini, but the Mini will be able to handle all of apps and games "plenty well." There may also be more peripherals available for the GamePop.
The Mini is now available for pre-order and the company reports that it already has a popular slate of developers committed to the project including Glu Mobile, Halfbrick, OutFit7 and Intellijoy. It is promoting to consumers the console comes preloaded with $250 in paid apps.
iOS developers are not going to be left out as the company is offering them its Looking Glass technology, which will allow developers to launch iOS apps on both consoles.
Read more: http://www.gamepop.tv/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more