Better for App Marketing Push Messaging vs. In App Messaging
|Stuart Parkerson in Marketing & Promotion Monday, March 10, 2014|
Push vs In-App Marketing. It’s not an age old question, because we are in an emerging mobile app marketing business model, so you’ll get a different answer from each person you ask.
Bryn Adler with Localytics provides her answer to this question in a recent column on the Localytics website. In the column she gives pros and cons for each marketing tool, wrapping things up with what she calls “Using Holistic Strategy” blending the best of both push and in-app messaging.
For push messaging she points out three key considerations: Content, Frequency and Timing and goes on to describe each. For in-app messaging she discusses how this type of marketing should be seamless with the app and provides advice on ways of accomplishing this.
Check out the article for yourself.
Read more: http://www.localytics.com/blog/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more