Basemark and Crytek to Create PC System Test for Virtual Reality Gaming
|Richard Harris in Game Development Friday, September 4, 2015|
Basemark and Crytek today have formed a new partnership to help create a PC system test for virtual reality gaming.
The new VR benchmark will enable gamers and PC hardware companies to assess the level of experience they can expect when running virtual reality content and will give user recognizable, real-world metrics to describe their system’s VR readiness with various head mounted displays on the market.
Developed using Crytek’s CRYENGINE technology, the benchmark will provide detailed feedback in areas such as the best graphical settings to use with a variety of VR headsets. Basemark’s expertise in measuring performance standards will help formulate an objective test that evaluates everything from frame rate capabilities to memory consumption, latency issues, 3D audio performance and much more.
More information is available on the Basemark website.
Read more: http://cryengine.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more