Are Women the Key This and Other Insights for Game and App Developers from Playnomics Player Engagement Study
|Stuart Parkerson in Monetize Thursday, December 26, 2013|
The study draws conclusions that game and app developers can use to better understand how players are behaving and spending at a granular level. The Playnomics system analyzes individual users’ actual in-game activity and is a direct reflection of actual behavior.
The following key insights were found:
- Mobile monetizers spend faster, by spending 63.4% of their total lifetime spend on their first day in app, while non-mobile spend is only 10.4%.
- Spend was more evenly distributed among mobile players, with the top 20% of mobile players accounting for 56.0% of total spend, while the top 20% of non-mobile players accounted for 86.7% of total spend.
- The study found a Non-Mobile Monetization 3-Session Threshold that states with 74% accuracy that players who played fewer than 3 sessions in the first 7 days of play would not monetize whereas players who played 3 or more sessions would monetize.
- Average total play time was nearly equal between men (113.8 min.) and women (105.89 min.) in their first 60 days.
- Women burned through 72% of total play time in their first 14 days, while men played through only 62.2%.
- Turkey remains the most highly engaged country with 845.78 minutes of play per player and 47.14 minutes per play session.
- 50% of the top 10 most engaged countries reside in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Surprising drops in the UK were found as the country ranked 2nd for engagement in Q1, it dropped to the 15th spot in Q3.
For the complete report visit the link below.
Read more: http://www.playnomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more