Appurify Report Says Fix Bugs and Update App = Get Better Ratings
Monday, September 9, 2013
Key finding include:
App Developers Should Aim for 4 Stars if They Want to Rank Highly. Most highly ranked apps are highly rated—75% of the top 1000 apps have 4+ star ratings
Small Changes in Star Ratings Can Make a Big Difference: There is a significant jump in user rating/reviewing activity if a developer can merely move their app from 4 to 4.5 stars, for instance
Ratings Can Affect Rankings: Further, even if you are a top 300-ranked app, every half star bump in ratings alone activity can result in considerable uptick in ratings activity.
Updates Matter. The impact of software updates is more favorable to higher-rated apps
Read more: http://appurify.com/blog/study-correlation-between...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more