Apple Makes New App Analytics Tools Available to Developers
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Apple has released its new App Analytics which, according to Apple, provides the ability to “Measure user engagement, marketing campaigns, and monetization for your iOS apps with data you won’t find anywhere else.” The analytics platform is included with the iOS Developer Program membership and requires no technical implementation.
Developers can use the analytics to calculate how effective a product page is by tying the number of downloads to the number of product page views. It provides the ability to create unique links for each marketing campaign to gain insight into which campaigns drive the most downloads and average spend per user. Developers can also track campaigns with the StoreKit API.
Information only available from Apple is included. For example, the date that an Apple ID is first downloaded an app from the App Store which developers can use to filter groups of users based on their purchase date and to form a more complete picture as they compare and analyze user behavior. The platform also provides insight into the organic marketing channels that drive the highest traffic, downloads, usage, and revenue for an app.
Read more: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=0513015a
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more