Android Developers Can Now Publish Apps for Android TV
Thursday, November 13, 2014
The Google Dev Team has announced that Android developers can now publish apps for Android TV on Google Play. The team has provided guidance on how to get started building apps for Android TV on a recent blog post.
Android TV apps must meet the basic requirements for usability. When an app meets these requirements, users will be able to discover and download it directly on their Android TV devices.
To help find out how to meet the requirements, Google provides developers with Android TV design guideline specifications, which provides instructions on how to build the best user experience for TV apps. Developers can also review the Building TV Apps training, to understand the basic implementation requirements for a TV app.
After an app is uploaded to the Google Play Developer Console, developers will need to add TV graphics and screenshots, and opt-in to distribution on TV on the Google Play Pricing & Distribution page. For complete information about the requirements and process of publishing an Android TV app for Google Play, developers can check out the publishing documentation.
Read more: http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2014/11/you...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more